Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Two Guaranteed Ways to Help Fight Depression

I have found the there are at least two guaranteed ways to fight depression without a visit to any therapist or physician.
  1. Lose myself in the WORD of GOD - When I am spending my time engulfed in GOD's love expressed through HIS words that I am privileged to read, I re-focus on who I am in Christ Jesus, how insanely much I am adored by my Savior, the fact that I am not alone but He shares this walk with me everyday and the reason for the journey...which leads me to #2...
  2. Lose myself in the service of others - When I am spending my time serving all those precious souls around me whom JESUS died for, it gives me NEW PERSPECTIVE. I quit internalizing and start engaging. I see things differently and react differently. I grow in THANKFULNESS, which brings true joy.
 So when you are feeling down, think of those key words - LOSE MYSELF. When I lose myself in JESUS and His will for my life (which is simply being obedient to His Word and following the Holy Spirit's lead) I find joy, peace, understanding - LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment