Friday, January 7, 2011

I Totally Relate

I can totally relate to the Old Testament in the way that GOD encouraged His chosen people to continuously REMEMBER.  When GOD did something, they constructed an altar, a remembrance at the spot so that no one could forget. They continuously incorporated symbols, visual, tangible memorials into their daily lives because GOD knows our human frailty. The phrase "Oh how soon we forget" is the story of my existence. In a world of chaotic multi-focusing, I am all about GOD reminding me of things over and over and over again. I need it. I can't do without it. I also love it when He tells me what to tell myself repeatedly. He of all people knows when I haven't GOTTEN IT yet. The mighty hand of the CREATOR surely spends a lot of time on me and I so don't deserve it, but boy am I a thankful heart because of it. Stop. Be STILL. Know that HE's GOD because you took the time to shut everything off around you and then you will be able to truly connect with the all-knowing GOD of the universe Who so desperately desires connection with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment