Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Singing in the Car

Prayer is the vehicle that we use to communicate with our Father, however, I think many times we confine it to the "standard" definition. Since Jesus Christ Himself taught us how we should pray, don't you think there might be greater dimensions that you are to experience when speaking to the Holy One? Both prayer and praise release things, bind things, move GOD's hand...so (spontaneously) I started singing out my prayers to GOD this morning...singing of His wonderful mercy and grace, His power and abilities, thanking Him for the wonderful things He has done for us and what He will do. I called out to Him with requests counting on Him to do as He promises to do as the awesome Father GOD He is.

Prayer has many different flavors, "feels"...It can be quiet, it can be a shout, it may be silent or in weeping cries...or in some cases...a song. GOD's Chosen People many a time reflected on His goodness to them or wailed out in cries for mercy and deliverance. I can't wait to hear David singing to GOD as described in the Psalms. Like I said, prayer is a vehicle. There are many different types...just remember my dear brother or sister in Christ, the car doesn't start unless you get in it and turn it on. It doesn't run well unless you keep up with things and maintain it. The same principle applies to our prayer life. I want to know GOD so well while I'm on this earth that we won't have that "awkward" moment when I fall at His feet, never fully engaging in my relationship with him and only being an acquaintance all this time. In all things with prayer and supplication...GOD is the supreme LOVE of your life. Think about that for a moment. Relate it to human relationships. GOD as the lover of your very soul deserves your PASSION, your ATTENTION, your COMMUNICATION, your LOVE, your GRATEFULNESS, your SERVICE, your AIR YOU BREATHE. Relinquish control and in reckless abandon give your heart and everything you have and are to the Master. Experience HIM like you never have before.

1 comment: